New Units?

General Discussion
GregG

New Units?

Post by GregG » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello to all! I am new to this Forum, found it after searching for info. Been fishing tournaments and now just for fun and needing to upgrade my electronics. Got my new Bass Pro catalog and have worn down the pages. I saw some units that I can not find any info on and was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them. The 2 I am interested in are : 788CI HD SI Combo and a 768 combo (it is a monochrome screen). I have seen that all the new 700 series are Ethernet equiped and wanted to make sure these 2 units would link together.
I will be heading to the greatest store on earth in the morning to plan out my attack for the Spring Fair at Bass Pro starting next friday.

Thanks for all the good info here and hope I can contibute somethings along the way.

Greg

Bob B

Post by Bob B » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 pm

GregG, I am not well versed on these model.....also try here: http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=279

Greg from HB and some others check in here, but the forum above seems to be more active.

SilmarilS

Post by SilmarilS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:57 pm

You surely got it wrong...

The 788CI HD SI Combo don't exist.
and the 768 is a discontinued model.

Check more carefully your info and post back for us to help you!!

For Ethernet Networking on 700 series units, check for the "HD" designation.

GregG

New Update

Post by GregG » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:19 am

After visiting a salesman at Bass Pro this weekend here is what I found out:

Yes the 788 hd SI does not exist in real life, It does exist in Bass Pro's NEW catalog!! It is a misprint, the salesman said there were numerous problems with the new catalog this year.
Also the 768 is as stated, is an older version and is being brought out by Bass Pro for their Spring Fishing event, it is in the sales flier as a limited supply going on sale this Friday. It is able to hook up to other units but only with the interlink system as it has no Ethernet.

Sorry for the misunderstandings but I guess I have studied the Bass Pro catalogs more than the proof readers. Maybe I can get a discount from them for doing there jobs??????

Greg

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:58 pm

So which two units are you looking at now Greg?
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

GregG

Post by GregG » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Probably just one unit for now, and I think it will be the 798 SI. will have to wait for a unit for the front of the boat for a while.