Map HACK -- Custom Charts and Lake mapping FREEWARE

General Discussion
VE9WH

Re: Map HACK -- Custom Charts and Lake mapping FREEWARE

Post by VE9WH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Awesome software, but i have a problem generating the ISO Contour map, I keep getting a floating point error. Any ideas what would be causing this?
Jim VE9WH

><))))">

l889

Post by l889 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:16 am

what version are you using?

VE9WH

Post by VE9WH » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:15 pm

I have the problem using V07c and V10
Jim VE9WH

><))))">

l889

Post by l889 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Could you please provide the input file and a description of the steps you did causing this error? You'll find the support email address in the About tab of HBTrackMapper. So I could try to solve the issue.

pekka

Post by pekka » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:37 am

Hello from Finland,

(trying to speak English... sorry if mistakes...)

I buy Humminbird 999ci HD SI sonar, and then I discover that in my country is very poor maps. Specially in North Finland, Lapland.

That was not problem with Lowrance, because I was enable to make my own maps with Insight Genesis.

Can I make maps with HBTrackmapper?

Last year our country coverment make law, and after that our country topo maps are now totally free.

Free maps are in Garmin topo format (IMG file):
http://kartat.hylly.org/
or hole country in one big img file:
http://eivoittoa.fi/mtk/2014-01-06/mtk_suomi21b.img

and our coverment gives all data also in Esri Shape format and Mapinfo MIF format (and coordinates are in etrs-tm35fin format):

https://tiedostopalvelu.maanmittauslaitos.fi/tp/kartta

But not in Navionics or Humminbird map format.

Is there any way to convert those to humminbird friendly map format? No matter if not sea-depht-information, because I need only plain and simply topo map to navigate Place A to Place B.

Or can I convert Openstreetmaps to Humminbird anyway? Even those are better than totally nothing...

thanks,

Pekka

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:20 am

pekka wrote:Hello from Finland,

(trying to speak English... sorry if mistakes...)

I buy Humminbird 999ci HD SI sonar, and then I discover that in my country is very poor maps. Specially in North Finland, Lapland.

That was not problem with Lowrance, because I was enable to make my own maps with Insight Genesis.

Can I make maps with HBTrackmapper?

Last year our country coverment make law, and after that our country topo maps are now totally free.

Free maps are in Garmin topo format (IMG file):
http://kartat.hylly.org/
or hole country in one big img file:
http://eivoittoa.fi/mtk/2014-01-06/mtk_suomi21b.img

and our coverment gives all data also in Esri Shape format and Mapinfo MIF format (and coordinates are in etrs-tm35fin format):

https://tiedostopalvelu.maanmittauslaitos.fi/tp/kartta

But not in Navionics or Humminbird map format.

Is there any way to convert those to humminbird friendly map format? No matter if not sea-depht-information, because I need only plain and simply topo map to navigate Place A to Place B.

Or can I convert Openstreetmaps to Humminbird anyway? Even those are better than totally nothing...

thanks,

Pekka
Have you checked the Navionics Web App to see if the water you want is included in either the Nautical Charts or Sonar Charts?
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

pekka

Post by pekka » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 am

Yes, I have check, and my area is out of mapping (North-West Finland).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kitti ... 0d317173e4

(Google maps, Finland, Kittila)

Lowrance no problem, cause I can make/convert my own maps. At5 format is quite simple.

Humminbird not read anything but Navionics. And Navionics not make maps from here...

Pekka

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:57 am

pekka wrote:Yes, I have check, and my area is out of mapping (North-West Finland).

Lowrance no problem, cause I can make/convert my own maps. At5 format is quite simple.

Humminbird not read anything but Navionics. And Navionics not make maps from here...

Pekka
If a body of water is not shown on the mapping, if you do some recording with your Humminbird and upload it to their Sonar Charts server, they will make a HD map for you.
You would need the Navionics software that has the Sonar Charts feature to get the data processed.
It may by Navionics Platinum+, don't know for sure, check their web site.

You can continually upload recordings to improve the accuracy of the Sonar Charts map for that location.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

l889

Post by l889 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:56 pm

The unreleased version 2.0 of HBTrackMapper will convert any shapefile to HT-Tracks which could be displayed on your Humminbird. When you send me the shapefiles (SHP and DBF) on my email (find the address in my app) I'll convert it for you.

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Wayne P. wrote:
pekka wrote:Yes, I have check, and my area is out of mapping (North-West Finland).

Pekka
If a body of water is not shown on the mapping, if you do some recording with your Humminbird and upload it to their Sonar Charts server, they will make a HD map for you.
You would need the Navionics software that has the Sonar Charts feature to get the data processed.
It may by Navionics Platinum+, don't know for sure, check their web site.

You can continually upload recordings to improve the accuracy of the Sonar Charts map for that location.

This a location that had no mapping, but I have waypoints there.
I used HTtrackmapper to create an outline as a reference for my waypoints:

After Navionics Sonar Charts was released, I uploaded a lot of recordings and Navionics created this map of that location:

Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

pekka

Post by pekka » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Looks very great!

Thanks, I will try those,

Pekka

Roberto Westpfahl

Post by Roberto Westpfahl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:35 pm

The frequency microwave really the good device to use,you can get more details at detectorall.com

NeWcS

Post by NeWcS » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi all. Is anyone still using this software to make maps and such? I could really use some help. None of the after-market map chips have any good info for my home waters. So I am using HBTM to try and get what I want. But am running into a few snags. Anyone know this program well enough to help? Or know another 'free' method to making what I need. I am just trying to mark humps, rock, brush piles etc. Thank you!

rbfisher

Post by rbfisher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:08 pm

I have been attempting to map some tracks with the HBTrackMapper V10 program, and have run into the following issues and hoping someone could assist me.

1. The program worked great with two tracks completed on the same day, however one week later the reservoir had dropped 1.5 feet and I used an offset when uploading the second set of GPX tracks. I tried both feet and cm offsets of positive and negative values. However the isocontour map looks very odd and inaccurate.

2. the second issue is that my tracks have units of depth in feet rather than metric. Is this an issue? Do I need to convert my GPX tracks into cm? This may be causing the second issue. Thanks!!

Ryan

ftfisherman

Post by ftfisherman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:48 pm

I love this and it was simple. damn good work ty very much.. great work keep it up. :D