blurry on SI and DI

General Discussion
creed649

blurry on SI and DI

Post by creed649 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:59 am

I have a 899 with SI and DI combo on by bow, the transducer runs from my transom to it. Then through Ethernet it runs to my helix 10 sonar gps on my dash. The SI and DI are not real clear on the helix and chart speed doesn't change. When I put my trolling motor down it becomes clear.
does anyone have a clue what causes this?

Wayne P.

Re: blurry on SI and DI

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:52 pm

You are going a lot slower using the trolling motor than you are with the outboard. Sort of simple physics.

You are probably getting cavitation with the transom transducer. None going slow with the trolling motor.

Post a picture of your SI transducer installation.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

creed649

Post by creed649 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:28 am

with the trolling motor up,
the si and di are clear on my 899, but blurry in my helix 10 until I put down my trolling motor, hummingbird sent my a filtered power cable, will have to see if that helps. the 899 shares to my helix through my ethernet

creed649

Post by creed649 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:04 pm

I installed my power cable with filter hummingbird sent me but didn't help, They try to say it is settings which it isn't,they never heard of such a thing.
I will try to explain my system better, my 899ciHdsi combo is on the front of my boat reading from my transom si transducer and my settings are reading off that . Ethernet cable goes to the Ethernet box to my helix10sonargps,my settings read off my 899 except for 2d which runs off transom mount 2d, also a dual beam cable runs from my 899 to my trolling motor. si and di work great on my 899 but a bit blurry on my helix 10 plus chart speed doesn't work on helix si. when I drop my trolling motor the di si and chart speed work perfect on helix So when driving my boat I have to drop trolling motor to get good readings on helix. No one seems to have a clue whats wrong . It makes no sence that putting power to trolling motor helps but taking off blurs my helix 10,and does not effect my 899 either way

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Post a screen shot of the "blurry". Not a photograph, an actual unit screenshot.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.