798 Bow mount/trolling motor mount pics and scans

Post any Random Screen Captures Here
WhompusFinder

798 Bow mount/trolling motor mount pics and scans

Post by WhompusFinder » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:27 am

Are you wishin you were fishin? Not me......

Robert

Post by Robert » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 am

WhompusFinder,

Great pics! I am in the process of doing the same thing for my boat. I should also have some photos to post after this weekend.
Fishing hard is authorized!!!

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Cool post em up. I can't really ever see too many pics on here. I love looking at all the pics everyone puts up. I posted a scan of a gator ( sonar shadow) my SI was on auto and I got into shallow water so all the white ran together. You can barely make out the pure white of the gators back. But the shadow looks perfect if you've ever seen how a gator swims underwater.

snodger 08

Post by snodger 08 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:19 am

Hi WhompusFinder,
I have recently added a 798 si to my boat and I am having trouble identifying fish on the SI. I was interested to see the first screen shot. on the 2d it looks like a heap of fish around structure, but I still had trouble identifying the fish on the DI & SI in the screen shot. Is there a trick to it?
Cheers mate
Steve
Fishing: Not good at it but love it

StrikeBack

Post by StrikeBack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 am

Whompus, where is your gator shot. As you know I am big on crocodile shots.
John

StrikeBack Tackle
Humminbird Dealer
www.strikebacktackle.com.au

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 am

Here is a link to the thread with my gator shot. I know I have seen a couple of these images that were likely faked but I want to assure everyone that I would never do that to you guys. I saw this gator visually on the surface in a small cove before I attempted to get it on the SI. I have had about a dozen real good chances to capture a gator on SI over the past year but have failed until recently. My SI sensitivity was set to high for the shallow depth but the shadow is perfect. You can barely make out the pure white return of his back. And trust me it wasn't a log. I rescanned the same area several times before and after the pic was taken without any result.

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/viewtopic.php?t=2328

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:37 am

snodger 08 - Trees and tree limbs will return arches that look almost identical to fish sometimes. While I have seen screen shots on the web where you can tell the trees from the fish (usually on the larger units with dual frequency SI) my 1 year's worth of experience on a 798 has showed me that it is not usually the case. Now with that being said, spotting the bait fish schools is much easier and more common. It doesn't matter if the bait is in the tree or near the tree, you will see it. I have found that spotting the bait is step one. Finding true fish arches relating to the bait is step two. Then analyzing how the bait & fish are relating to the structure, bottom or surface will give you the bigger idea of where the fish can be found that day. I have only made a few scans where you can tell your defiantly looking at fish on SI. those pics have been posted as well.

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Just wanted to update on the use of my TM mounted transducer. Working great, have had many minor collisions with stumps and logs and so far it's holding up perfectly. Does not effect trolling motor performance either, even in the weeds, pads, grass etc. SI images are still coming in good. Always make sure to check the transducer after running through pads as sometimes they wrap up on the transducer. Other than that, the TM setup is a great way to get some awesome SI & DI scans.

kwk

Post by kwk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Which transducer are you using on the TM? Is there a electro mag interference issue?
KWK DUX ,DAWGS AND BASS

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm using a XTM 9 SI 180 T on a 798 model. Here's a link to the transducer on HB site.

http://store.humminbird.com/products/31 ... 9_SI_180_T

rnvinc

Post by rnvinc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:12 am

Great looking setup...

Keep the pics comin...

Rickie