DrDepth side scan image

Post any Random Screen Captures Here
accuemap

DrDepth side scan image

Post by accuemap » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Per's been working on the side scan program and I and a couple of others get to test it out. So I've been working on different color schemes to see what works best for me.

WarrenMN
Being Politically Correct is not rubbing every one else's face in your ignorance.

bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 am

So this is from a pre-release of DrDepth's mosaic tool, right? Are you able to piece together multiple scan tracks, or does it only display a single continuous track?

accuemap

Post by accuemap » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:23 am

It'll mosaic multiple runs, combine by Overlay, Max value at a pixel or blend values. I'm going to ask Per to get on and explain what his plans are, and thats only part of the whole picture.

WarrenMN
Being Politically Correct is not rubbing every one else's face in your ignorance.

bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 am

Sounds absolutely fantastic!

mendota

Post by mendota » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks for the early preview, WarrenMN.

I notice the water column seems to be missing from the scans. Do you know if some sort of slant range correction is being applied as well?

What happens when you add scans at right angles to the first 2, on either side of the target?

I have a lot of questions, but I may be persuaded to purchase this software yet, LOL.

accuemap

Post by accuemap » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 pm

This is actually two runs, each side of the boiler. There is some water column but Per's set it up so it removes the area that actually only the depth below the boat. When I set up this color scheme I decided I wanted contrasting colors for very little signal return, the very black areas, so I could make out any minute changes. Some times there's things way off to the sides you might not be able to tell there's any thing out there. And of course, that affected the area of the water column just before the bottom return. It makes it nice to be able to set up your own.

WarrenMN

drdepth.se

Post by drdepth.se » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 am

Warren asked me to fill in what's comming in the DrDepth sidescan mosaic version.
Many things from from the depth mapping side of DrDepth can be used with sidescan data
as well, such as waypoint management, distance measurement, generation of maps/images
(for example it is very easy to create a Google Earth overlay). The more sidescan specific
stuff includes:

- Drawing of any number of files, using different drawing modes.
- Data management with a side scan database (similar to depth data databases in DrDepth).
- Replay of sidecsan files.
- Depth contour overlay on sidescan mosaic.
- Support for HB .dat/.son and Lowrance .sl2 (xtf will follow).
- Live data with Lowrance LSS1.
- The water column is removed in that cross range distance is based on depth at boat.

The above should be included in the first release (early May probably). Later other bells will
be added, like 3D overlay and cross range correction based on the depth map.

Per
www.drdepth.se

keizerh

Post by keizerh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 am

Per,

You got me hooked as well for my Simrad NSE12 with LSS1.
Live data over the networkl would be good.
Great for the Google Tablet with a boat dock.