Bait Balls?

Post any Random Screen Captures Here
Simonsays

Bait Balls?

Post by Simonsays » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:03 am

Just got my unit and still learning the ropes!

Also, any possible issues you might see in the pics? Any settings that need to be changed?

Wayne P.

Bait

Post by Wayne P. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:33 am

Looks like bait to me.

A unit snapshot is the best way to critique unit settings.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

Simonsays

Re: Bait

Post by Simonsays » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 am

Wayne P. wrote:Looks like bait to me.

A unit snapshot is the best way to critique unit settings.
Thanks Wayne!

Just curious, I haven't been able to figure out how to take a snap shot with the unit. In the Record screen when I hit menu I only see the options to Record. Am I missing something?

Wayne P.

Snapshots

Post by Wayne P. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Snapshots are really easy. You have to turn that feature on in the Accessory menu.
With memory card in the reader slot, each time you push the Mark button, it takes a snapshot and saves a waypoint with a "S" prefix.
The snapshot is a .png file which may or may not allow you to attach it to some sites.
You can convert the .png file to .jpg for e-mailing or whatever. I drag/drop to or open the .png file with Microsoft Paint to rename it and save as a .jpg file.

The file size is the same as the screen pixel count such as 640 X 640 with a 798 unit.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

Simonsays

Re: Snapshots

Post by Simonsays » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Wayne P. wrote:Snapshots are really easy. You have to turn that feature on in the Accessory menu.
With memory card in the reader slot, each time you push the Mark button, it takes a snapshot and saves a waypoint with a "S" prefix.
The snapshot is a .png file which may or may not allow you to attach it to some sites.
You can convert the .png file to .jpg for e-mailing or whatever. I drag/drop to or open the .png file with Microsoft Paint to rename it and save as a .jpg file.

The file size is the same as the screen pixel count such as 640 X 640 with a 798 unit.
Wow amazing feature, I definitely need to turn that on. When I get home I can't remember most of the things I've marked even after overlaying it on google maps :D