997c issues

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
javelin90

997c issues

Post by javelin90 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:51 pm

I was on the water this weekend and i tried to save a waypoint and it goes to black screen and says loading. I was able to save some waypoints two weeks ago and edit them and no issues. I tried it today and loading again. I also notice the temperature varies from the other unit by about 4 degrees. Also when the depth of the water is less than 2 feet it jumps around on the 2-d sonar depth. What is the cure for this? The software version currently installed is 3.660. Would the update fix it or have to send back?
Thanks, G

SkeeterB

Post by SkeeterB » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:38 pm

My 997 did the loading thing too, but only when it was cold outside, like 40 or less. Had to send it back. Several people have had the "loading" Screen issues. Not sure how each one was resolved but my own. Good luck and HB customer support WILL take care of you.

Britt

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 am

I think that we got this fixed by using an SD memory card (not SDHC) to get the software updated. The older 3.660 would not recognize the SDHC cards which may have been causing the blank screen/loading issue.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

SkeeterB

Post by SkeeterB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm

So with new software upgrades can I use the SDHC cards now or should I use an regular SD card now?

Britt

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Fri May 01, 2009 3:21 pm

SDHC card capability was added way back in the 3.7** version software (would have to look for the actual version). We always recommend running the latest software so if you update your unit you could use either.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can