Lines on my SI screen?

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
SR-5

Lines on my SI screen?

Post by SR-5 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 pm

On the left side only of my SI it has lines that go horizontal on top of the water line. The SI still works. This started around the dozenth trip or so. I have moved the transducer and no change. Is this a defect?

Jayhova

Post by Jayhova » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Lines as in interferance from another unit? Is it constant or does it come and go??

I occasionally have the same problem and it's interferance from another unit. I'm wondering if you're having the same issue.

SR-5

Post by SR-5 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:55 pm

No, I'm only using the 997. I do have the shot threw puck for reg sonar. And yes it's constant.

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 am

SR-5,
Could you post some screen snapshots of what you are seeing? It would make it easier to understand and we could make some suggestions based on what we see in the images.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

SR-5

Post by SR-5 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:33 pm

I've never used the snapshot feature. I understand that I'll need a memory card, but I'm not sure how I would post them. If I use the card from my digital camera can I put it back in the camera and transfur it to my computer from there?

jejb

Post by jejb » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 am

That's worth a shot, provided your camera uses SD chips. The pictures are saved as .png's on the HB, though. Your camera most likely saves it's pictures as .jpg's. So it depends on how you pull them off your camera. Shouldn't hurt anything to try, but I'd back up all the plctures on your cameras chip before putting it in the HB.

Otherwise, a 1gb SD card is well under $10 these days. But you'd need to buy a card reader for it too, if you don't already have one. Probably another $10 or so.
Last edited by jejb on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
John B
08 Skeeter SL210, F225 Yamaha four stroke, 798CI SI NVB, 997C SI
(formerly owned an 1197C SI NVB Combo)

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 am

If you have a data cable that connects your camera to your computer you should be able to do it. Just make the screen snapshots on your unit than transfer the SD card to your camera and connect it up to your computer. Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to go to the file structure of the SD card in your camera and find the image(s) that you want to post. When you reply to a message just below the text box is “Add image to post”. Select this for each image you want to post. Navigate to the image on your camera than upload it. Don’t forget to select the “Family safe” images content and it should appear in your reply back to us.
I help because I can

SR-5

Post by SR-5 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks ya'll. I'll give it a try tomorrow and get back to you.

SR-5

Post by SR-5 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:01 pm

Okay, so I had to buy a card and a reader. So I hope this works.

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Judging by the speed of the boat (basically drifting) and the fact that the lines are still there to the left side: I think that something to the left of the transducer is blocking and reflecting some of the Si sonar to that side. See if you can trim the motor up and the lines go away or maybe lower the HDSi transducer some.
I help because I can

SR-5

Post by SR-5 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:14 pm

Yeah I thought it could be my jack plate. I've got the SI transducer mounted to the bottom right side of it. The motor position doesn't change anything. This has been going on for several months. I've always had the transducer mounted to the jack plate. At first it was okay, then after a few trips the lines showed up. I moved the transducer back further a way from the motor and down about an inch or two, but no change. I'll post some pics to see what you think.

SkeeterB

Post by SkeeterB » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey Eric, it' Britt, I got those same lines on my unit. My transducer is mounted on the right inside edge of my jack plate. I have had them lines so long I don't even notice them.

Britt

SR-5

Post by SR-5 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:10 am

What's Up Britt! Yeah it doesn't really interfere with anything. That's why I havn't been too concerned about it. But if it is a defect I'd like to get it taken care of while it's still under warranty.

SkeeterB

Post by SkeeterB » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:17 pm

Hey Eric, your transducer appears to be mounted lower than mine. Maybe some of these guys here can help. I don't know what else to do. Mine has been like that for as long as I can remember. Let me know if you get it fixed.

Britt

kosmo

Post by kosmo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:29 pm

same thing on triton bass boat.i moved the transducer down on pad.works just fine now. can run about 35 miles an hour before i lose bottom readings