Two things I still want to see from Humminbird......

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
strimarc

Two things I still want to see from Humminbird......

Post by strimarc » Mon May 03, 2010 1:40 pm

1. The ability to create my own maps....

and

2. They built in that cool network interface that is just begging for a purpose, how about using it to interface with the new iPilot trolling motor? How cool would that be?

Are you listening Humminbird? I promise to cut short of asking if you can hook it to an electric fillet knife.

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 pm

"I promise to cut short of asking if you can hook it to an electric fillet knife."

Sounds like you are after some really fresh fish!
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

strimarc

Post by strimarc » Fri May 07, 2010 2:02 pm

The fresher the better... But I did just order a new Terrova 80 with i-pilot! It would be nice to be able to use waypoints from my 1197 to steer the motor.

I did have to chuckle about Minn Kota's add for the i-Pilot, everything but a bottle opener.... Would it have been that hard for them to shape that hole in the handheld remote a little differnt so it could have been used for a can/bottle opener too? I'm just saying.......

One more thing to add... If we could interface the motor with the 1197, one would think it would not be too hard to make it follow a fish around the lake until you caught it. A "Lock Target" button.... You could just keep throwing differnet bait out until you figured out what was working. Ok, maybe I will ask for that electric knife interface.

Dave C.

Re: Two things I still want to see from Humminbird......

Post by Dave C. » Mon May 17, 2010 12:32 pm

strimarc wrote:1. The ability to create my own maps....

and

2. They built in that cool network interface that is just begging for a purpose, how about using it to interface with the new iPilot trolling motor? How cool would that be?

Are you listening Humminbird? I promise to cut short of asking if you can hook it to an electric fillet knife.

In March I had a long discussion with a Minn Kota tech prior to purchasing new Terrova 101 w/i-Pilot..................from what I understood him to say.................it's in the works!

Dave C.

misr12

How about iPilot for Minn Kota Fortrexx too

Post by misr12 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

I like your idea of iPilot networking via 1197 ethernet port. Now that sounds like a great way to fish offshore structure sans the footpedal. Hmmm.....

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Thu May 27, 2010 10:25 am

I'm afraid that if HB ever does come out with this capability it will be so late that it will be time for a new trolling motor and SI unit. I believe the hardware is already in place mostly but the software side of things is probably the biggest hold up as they still have not even released an update for a better way point management program on the SI's or corrected the shallow depth problem. HB has about 3-5 moves left to make to perfect the overall package of GPS, Sonar, SI, DI and Ipilot in my opinion. Still have great products and employees though. I really wish they would take 5 people who use their products heavily and let them spend a couple weeks at Eufaula asking questions, making suggestions and seeing how the behind the scenes process works. Sit in on meetings, testing etc. I really am approaching the end of my Trolling Motors life in the next year or two and would buy an ipilot if I could link it into my head unit and run tracks that way. Otherwise I'm sticking with Motorguide
Are you wishin you were fishin? Not me......

JimC

Post by JimC » Fri May 28, 2010 10:14 am

RADAR, that's not too much to ask is it.

WhompusFinder

Post by WhompusFinder » Fri May 28, 2010 10:47 am

The other brand has a similar unit to the HB and it supports radar.
Are you wishin you were fishin? Not me......

Rotorfixer

Post by Rotorfixer » Fri May 28, 2010 2:19 pm

JimC wrote:RADAR, that's not too much to ask is it.
I'd like to see YOU try!

I would be so very thrilled with the ability to load my own maps, seriously....
Peter Betz
Slave Lake, Alberta
CANADA
2008 Polarkraft Kodiak 178FS
798c Si (for sale!)
998c Si

JimC

Post by JimC » Fri May 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Rotorfixer wrote:
I'd like to see YOU try!
Oh, I've asked a few times over the past few years.

Also I wish, while scrolling accross, the cursor to not hang up on waypoints, its ridiculous. I seldom even try using the gps, I prefer the garmin and this is just one of the reasons.

madetogo

Post by madetogo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, link to my Terrova IPilot.

Radar would me nice. I ALMOST went with Lowrance because of the Radar. I want to fish at night, and the radar will help ALOT.

hqjig

Post by hqjig » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 pm

radar,,,, now ur talking i'll 2nd that

Bob B

Post by Bob B » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:37 pm

+1 on the I-Pilot interface.

That would make a combination that the other guys would really have a hard time competing with.

It would be really great to be able to store tracks from the I-pilot on the HB and reload them to the TM when desired.

My guess would be they will probably do the radar first since the other guys already have that.....Kind of like they did with DI.
(I think they are selling the dickens out of the di units, so that was probably a good business decision.)

madetogo

Radar

Post by madetogo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Looking at new HDS's right now because they have RADAR....

And yeah, I HATE HATE HATE the way the cursor has to get hit and stick every single waypoint while trying to scroll the screen.

Whoever set that up like that needs a ........well you know.

strimarc

Post by strimarc » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 pm

See, If we ask, they'll make it.... :D

I would still love to see some type of custom map accepted. I can't wait for the iPilot Link, it looks perfect.