which transducer

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
flipn618

which transducer

Post by flipn618 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:28 pm

I have a 899 hd si that I have mounted at the console and my boat is a ranger vs hull that has a built in set back on the transom
which does not allow me mount the transducer on the transom and it has to be mounted underneath the setback by doing this I was
told it would not read at high speeds and that I need to also install a shoot thru the hull transducer but I have no Idea which shoot thru the hull
transducer I need

Wayne P.

Re: which transducer

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:39 am

Lots with that hull use the XPTH 9 HDSI 180 T thru-hull transducer under the transom extension and use the XP 9 20 transducer for shoot-thru 2D sonar. Those two transducers are connected to the display with the AS SIDB Y cable.

Even if you use the transom SI transducer on the transom, you should use the shoot-thru. That applies to all high performance fiberglass hulls.

There are some installation pictures posted on the Bass Boat Central forums in the Humminbird Installations and Networking Information Resource topic.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.