chart menu tab/chart select

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
gwiles

chart menu tab/chart select

Post by gwiles » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:58 pm

I just mounted a 999 and was checking it out. I thought the unit had some built-in cartography, no? The chart select field under the chart menu tab shows "auto" with no arrows for options like left or right slots or built-in mapping. Anybody know how this field works?

Wayne P.

Re: chart menu tab/chart select

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:39 am

That unit has built-in ContourXD background mapping. It has 3,000 bodies of water nationwide with contours. That is many thousands that it doesn't have. The map data is from 2006 Navionics Hotmaps.

Auto means it will automatically read a map card when inserted in one of the card readers-- Navionics or Lakemaster.
You won't get any choices if you don't add one or two map cards in the two card readers.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

gwiles

Post by gwiles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks again Wayne. Looks like I'll have to spring for a Lakemaster chip to see the arrows!

gwiles

Post by gwiles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:11 am

One more: how does the unit access say a Contour xd lake map without a list or a map to zoom in on. I guess I don't even know how to access Contour XD.

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm

You don't "access" it. If you have the Chart view displayed that is it.

If you want to see other areas, just move the map curser with the 4-way button to whatever locations you want.

On the water, the unit displays were the unit is.

You can download the ContourXD map list from the Humminbird website. Do a FAQ search for it.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

gwiles

Post by gwiles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:53 pm

Thanks again. All this hard water around here is starting to melt; should be able to get on the water in a couple weeks and see what this unit can do!