routes and waypoints

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
bigmoe

routes and waypoints

Post by bigmoe » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:44 am

I have an 1199 and I would like to extract waypoints and routes from my navionics card to an SD card , is this possible??

Wayne P.

Re: routes and waypoints

Post by Wayne P. » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:00 pm

They should never ever be on a map card.

If you where unconcered enough export the data to a Navionics map card. Copy the Matrix folder and paste it to a blank memory card. Then DELETE that folder off of the Navionics card and hope you did not corrupt the card. The Navionics card should be LOCKED when it is in your sonar unit.

If you are mistaken that the unit will automatically write the data to a memory, you are wrong. Those are created by the unit and stored in the unit's memory Waypoint Library. The only way to get that data copied from the unit is to intentionally EXPORT it to a blank memory card.
The procedure is with a blank formatted memory card of 32GB or less in one of the card readers--1 GB is plenty:
Go to the Nav menu tab
Down to Waypoints Routes, Tracks and right arrow the 4-way button.
Up arrow the 4- way to Options and right arrow.
Down arrow to Select All and ... then right arrow.
Down arrow to Export and right arrow to begin. Only take a few seconds.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

bigmoe

Post by bigmoe » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:02 am

Thanks Wayne! My main concern was I accidently deleted everything on my Aux. SD card, my Navionics card is fine.
So if all my waypoints remain in the units library then I just need to export back to the card. Also I recall using my SD card to view waypoints on my laptop and create routes and new points but I don't recall the app. Not sure if it was Hummingbird PC or something else?

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:17 am

HumminbirdPC is used for waypoint management. When you copy the data to that program, the actual file goes to your My Documents and is linked to HBPC.

You have to intentionally Delete the data from the unit's memory to loose it. Format Nav Directories does that too.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.