Matrix 17 Not showing fish ID

Anything Related to the Matrix 97, 47, and 12 Systems
George G

Matrix 17 Not showing fish ID

Post by George G » Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Hello first time posting. I recently replaced the transom mounted transducer and the fish ID is not working. I have checked if all of the fish id setting are on any they are any suggestions as to why there are no fish reading. i recently went striper fishing and was over large pods of bunker and not one ID showed up, previously with the old transducer with the same setting the screen would light up with bait and fish beneath them.

thanks

Humminbird_Greg

Re: Matrix 17 Not showing fish ID

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Wed May 21, 2014 10:37 am

Welcome to the Unofficial Humminbird Forums George G.

Maybe there is something wrong with the new transducer or possibly your Matrix 17 unit. Why did you replace the old transducer?

What model was the old transducer and what model is the new transducer?

Did you see anything between the surface of the water and the bottom of the lake or were you only looking for the Fish ID Symbols?

Can you test your Matrix 17 unit on someone else’s boat and test their unit on your boat? This does not have to be with another Matrix 17 unit as most use the same 2D type sonar, just make sure it is not one of the DI model named units. Plug in only the power and transducer when performing the test.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

George G

Post by George G » Thu May 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Greg thanks for the reply, my old transducer cable frayed and snapped where it made the turn into the steering boot. I found a replacement on ebay and i trusted the source that is was the correct transducer but i did notice the transducer transom mounting bracket was different and the transducer it self was slightly different. It reads temp and depth and bottom pretty good, my old transducer seemed to read bottom much better, i did pick up some surface clutter but nothing else.

Wayne P.

Post by Wayne P. » Thu May 22, 2014 4:06 pm

George G wrote:Greg thanks for the reply, my old transducer cable frayed and snapped where it made the turn into the steering boot. I found a replacement on ebay and i trusted the source that is was the correct transducer but i did notice the transducer transom mounting bracket was different and the transducer it self was slightly different. It reads temp and depth and bottom pretty good, my old transducer seemed to read bottom much better, i did pick up some surface clutter but nothing else.
The transducer should be the XNT 9 20 T. It should have a label about 1' from the plug with that number on it.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.