I think Ineed some help with a conversion

Official Firmware, Side Image Viewers, Map Overlays, 3rd Party Apps, etc..
Sean222

I think Ineed some help with a conversion

Post by Sean222 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 am

Please excuse my ignorance, this is the first time I have tried this. I am trying to convert a .DAT file from my SD picture card from my 997si. I downloaded the xtf converter from the Humminbird support site. When I use the browse button in the converter application and attach the .DAT file it tells me that it is not a valid file.
Help![/url]

RGecy

Post by RGecy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 am

Sean,

The only files that can be converted to xtf are in the record folder. There are also .DAT files in the snapshot folder for each image. These are only for the snapshot images and cannot be converted.

So you need to make sure you are pointing to a .DAT in the record folder.

Hope that helps.

RGecy

Sean222

Post by Sean222 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:10 am

Thank you, yes that would be the issue. I have not even tried the record feature on the 997 yet(even though I hav ehad the unti for 2 seasons). I mistakenly thought that the image viewers were also for screenshots. I guess I will have to try the record feature this year.
One other question if I may: Is there a way to save the waypoint coordinates onto the SD card or
do you have to connect the unit to your PC with a usb cable?

[quote="rgecy"]Sean,

The only files that can be converted to xtf are in the record folder. There are also .DAT files in the snapshot folder for each image. These are only for the snapshot images and cannot be converted.

So you need to make sure you are pointing to a .DAT in the record folder.

Hope that helps.

RGecy[/quote]

Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi Sean,
use the "export all Nav.-Data" function in the Nav menu. Than the waypoints will be send to your SD card and you can download them to your PC from the SD Card.
Greetings from Lake Constance

Harry

Sean222

Post by Sean222 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Excellant thank you. I was just looking at my manual and I see it. How the heck did I miss that one?
When I bought the unit I spent more time building a towfish for it than learning all of it's features.
This forum is really helpful.

[quote="Jolly Roger"]Hi Sean,
use the "export all Nav.-Data" function in the Nav menu. Than the waypoints will be send to your SD card and you can download them to your PC from the SD Card.[/quote]

fcimage

Re: I think Ineed some help with a conversion

Post by fcimage » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:31 am

this is an image converting tool that can convert image into many kinds of image formats. share this trial version for image converting with you. hope you like it.