navionics maps

Official Firmware, Side Image Viewers, Map Overlays, 3rd Party Apps, etc..
mcb99

navionics maps

Post by mcb99 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am

788 HD DI
I have read that Lakemaster are the only chips that will work with huuminbirds now, does that mean if I find an older Navionics chip it will not work? I am interested in getting a Navionics canada chip to go along with my lakemaster.

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Where did you read that?
Navionics mapping cards (some of them at least) will still work with Humminbird units.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

Andre_Fugawi

Re: navionics maps

Post by Andre_Fugawi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:11 pm

mcb99 wrote:788 HD DI
I have read that Lakemaster are the only chips that will work with huuminbirds now, does that mean if I find an older Navionics chip it will not work? I am interested in getting a Navionics canada chip to go along with my lakemaster.
All of the Humminbird units in the 700 series are able to use Navionics cards like Navionics Gold and Navionics HotMaps Premium. For confirmation, see step through the Navionics chart + plotter compatibility wizard at http://store-mirror.navionics.com/no_nt ... otter_list

Your plotter will work fine with, for example, the HotMaps Canada C6 chip -- which is for inland lakes all across Canada. the Navionics Gold 2XG card will also work, that is more for Great Lakes and Atlantic / Pacific coastal coverage. If you Google a phrase something like "HMPT-C6 Navionics HotMaps Platinum Canada 17,000 lake maps" that will offer you a variety of choices to purchase the HotMaps Canada chip.

If you have any questions, feel free to email support@fugawi.com for detailed information on what you can do with a Navionics card on the chart plotter and also on a Windows computer.