Using MB-System and USGS MIPS with Humminbird files

Official Firmware, Side Image Viewers, Map Overlays, 3rd Party Apps, etc..
oceanecology

New Installation Instructions for Windows 7 x64

Post by oceanecology » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all:

Finally got my new Windows 7 x64 notebook (drool)! Thanks to everyone who has been putting up with my old Windows XPPro instructions - I can see now that there were more than a few changes needed! The new instructions are available at http://www.oceanecology.ca/MipsConverter.htm. I hope they can help anyone who is still struggling - it can be done! Cygwin will run MIPS and MB-System on Windows 7 x64.

I have also including the installation instructions for Xsonar. Thanks to Joel for helping me work through this one!

Cheers,
Barb

arronlee

Re: Using MB-System and USGS MIPS with Humminbird files

Post by arronlee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Using code to deal with the related image processing problem is too complicated for me. I wonder whether the Image Processor VB.NET and the Image Manipulator C#.NET can help with it? I am not so sure about it. But I hope you success. Good luck. And I also want to look for some professional ones whose way of processing is simple and fast to help me with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

ouku

Post by ouku » Tue May 06, 2014 6:54 am

arronlee wrote:Using code to deal with the related image processing problem is too complicated for me. I wonder whether the Image Processor VB.NET and the Image Manipulator C#.NET can help with it? I am not so sure about it. But I hope you success. Good luck. And I also want to look for some professional ones whose way of processing is simple and fast to help me with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
Thanks for the helps, though not sovle my problem.

oceanecology

Post by oceanecology » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi all:

It's been a long time since I have posted on this forum. Thanks to the hard work by Daniel Buscombe (see https://github.com/dbuscombe-usgs/PyHum), I have been encouraged to work on my Humminbird sidescan/multibeam project again. Some of the old Linux-based processing programs, such as USGS MIPS, have gone the way of the dinosaurs. Fortunately, MB-System is still active and regularly updated, and can, in fact, now directly import Humminbird xtf files. New software bundles, such as OSGeo-Live have made access to Linux programs from Windows-based machines much simpler and easier. And finally, after much head-banging, I've managed to decode and bottom pick the Humminbird multibeam (3D) data. This unit is no longer produced by Humminbird, but if you can get your hands on one, it is the cheapest way imaginable to do shallow-water multibeam surveys!

I've put a ton of information and links up on my website (http://www.oceanecology.ca/new/multibeam.htm#; later to be posted at http://www.oceanecology.ca/multibeam.htm#), and lots of samples of processed images. Much of the old software that I had on my site previously, I have removed as it had become obsolete.

I hope some of this can be useful to other Humminbird users.

Cheers,
Barb

evanpan

Post by evanpan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 am

Hi, Barb.
Thanks for your nice sharing. Do you have any exprience about
pdf extractor? I want to find some 3rd party toolkits to help me extract text form pdf files. It will be better if it also offers free trial package for users to check. If so, I will try it later and send you feedback. Thanks in advance.

Best regrads,
Pan