transducers

Humminbirds newest Onix and Ion units
drageaux

transducers

Post by drageaux » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 am

I have a SKEETER ZX225. It came with a 788ci HD mounted in the dash from the factory. It has two xp-9-20 through hull transducers mounted near the transom from the factory, one is a spare not in use. I would like to install an Onix10 SI at the console. I want to install the side imaging transducer on the Atlas jackplate for low speed use. Are the factory installed tranducers compatible with the Onix unit. I want to use this for on the pad running, higher speed use. I will also install another Onix10 at the bow. Can the Onix operate with the Minn Kota transducer in the foot of the trolling moter? I would like to link the two units togehter, what cable is needed to link these two.

Humminbird_Greg

Re: transducers

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:50 am

The cable connectors on the ONIX products are different but there is an adapter that would allow you to use an XP-9-20 transducer with an ONIX unit. The AS-1429
http://www.humminbird.com/Products/AD-1429/
Is the adapter cable that you will need for this.

For your ONIX unit to work with the US2 you will need an adapter cable for it as well. Try looking for the MKR-US2-13 adapter cable.
http://store.minnkotamotors.com/media/d ... yChart.pdf

The ONIX units will connect to each other by use of an AS-EC-XXE Ethernet Connection cable, where the “XX” gets replaced by the cable length. They are available in 2, 10, 15, 20 and 30 foot lengths. So the part number for a 15-foot Ethernet Connection Cable would be AS-EC-15E. Be sure and measure the cable length needed by how the cable will run within the boat.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

drageaux

Re: transducers

Post by drageaux » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks, that's some great news that will save time and work.