questions: new 768 with quad beam and wide view transducers

Read here first, to learn about Side Imaging Technology
fish_hartwell

questions: new 768 with quad beam and wide view transducers

Post by fish_hartwell » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks to Greg's input, I recently purchased a wideside tranducer and transducer switch for my 768 combo with the quadra beam transducer. I used it for the first time this weekend and have a few newbie questions.
1. When I switch between transducers do I have to go to the menu and change it there also?
2. How can I get the time to display on every view?
3. Is there a way to get it to skip all of the initial power on dialog and go straight to the last view used?
5. Is the quadra beam and/or wideside view the same as side imaging?

Lastly, what excuses do I now have for not catching fish to tell my wife that justifies my new fishfinder?

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm

1. Yes to get the specific View that is associated with the WideSide or QuadraBeam transducer you will have to change the Transducer select menu each time you toggle the switch from one transducer to the other.

2. You cannot. I believe on the 768 that it can only be shown on the full (2D) Sonar View.

3. You can select to have the unit not show any of the available Views. Go to the Views menu tab and set those Views you do not want to see as “Hidden”. There is no way to skip the start-up screens though.

4. You skipped this number…

5. No, the WideSide and QuadraBeam transducers have different shaped sonar beams than the Si transducers do. Here is a page that may help you understand the differences:
http://www.humminbird.com/leading_innov ... sonar.aspx

I would go with the weather being so hot, an early summer or even the phase of the moon. If you are feeling lucky than tell her because it’s because you don’t have that new bait or rod/reel to catch them with!
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

WZX123

Post by WZX123 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:37 am

When shopping online for discount marine electronics, such as a Lowrance fish finder, it helps a lot to understand a bit about the technology you are shopping for. Here is a quick explanation of some of the terms you will encounter.

Lazaroskl

Re: questions: new 768 with quad beam and wide view transducers

Post by Lazaroskl » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:38 am

This is a story that should be published through a lot.