Question about shoot thru hull transducer for SI

Read here first, to learn about Side Imaging Technology
linchuntao

Question about shoot thru hull transducer for SI

Post by linchuntao » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 pm

I am new to this forum. I have a question about quadra beam shoot thru hull transducer XP 9 QB 90 T. From Humminbird website, this transducer is "FOR USE WITH" a list of non-SI fish finders. If I buy a SI fish finder without transducer (e.g. 998c SI combo CHO), and this XP 9 QB 90 T transducer, mount it as shoot thru hull, can I get Side Image?

Another question is, what's the minimum boat speed to get Side Image?

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes the QuadraBeam (XP-9-QB-90-T) will work with most of the Side Imaging units but the result of trying to use this transducer as an inside-the-hull Side Imaging transducer will not work out as you would hope. The QuadraBeam’s side beams are too wide (front-to-rear) to produce a clear Si sonar image. If they were; we would have never had to design the Si transducers that we have. You can use the XP-9-QB-90-T as an inside-the-hull QuadraBeam transducer but that is it.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

WZX123

Get Pain Relief With These SI Joint Pain Remedies

Post by WZX123 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:36 am

The sacroiliac joints (SI joints) are formed by the sacrum and pelvis. The sacrum is like the tailbone at the base of the spine fits in between the two pelvis bones which are called the iliac bones. This joint is not a highly mobile joint because its role is largely one of providing stability and it is weight bearing in nature. Therefore it is held together by strong ligaments. Because this joint in under a lot of stress it is a common area to experience discomfort in and this is termed SI joint pain.

Inuyashar

Re: Question about shoot thru hull transducer for SI

Post by Inuyashar » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 am

There is no doubt more of this content or not.