Network setup issue

Anything Related to the Humminbird 11xx, 9xx, 8xx, 7xx also known as CORE series Units
cxp138

Network setup issue

Post by cxp138 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:27 am

I have a 998 on bow and 999 at wheel. I have the SI transducer mounted at transom and the thru hull puck with the Y cable. I originally had these on a switch on my dash where i would switch the transducer manually from 998 to 999. After a call to Hbird I was informed that I could do this automatically through the network functionality. I've set them up now but when I get on plane in flat water I am losing my depth reading. Before networking the puck would give me very accurate depth while on plane. Do I have something not setup correctly in the networking that isn't allowing the puck to read? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thx

Wayne P.

Re: Network setup issue

Post by Wayne P. » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 am

With Ethernet, you choose the sonar source in the Ethernet menu for each unit. There is no "automatic".

The source will always be the unit you have selected with the Unit Switch.

If you want to share the transducer, remove the US3 switch, connect the AS SIDB Y cable to one of the units, turn Sonar OFF on the unit that does not have a transducer connected to it, and Ethernet will share the single transducer.
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

cxp138

Post by cxp138 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks Wayne!!

cxp138

Post by cxp138 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Wayne,
Still for the life of me I can't get the puck transducer to work since I networked the 2 units. I know they are sharing the transducer just fine because when trolling both front and rear unit work perfectly. Just seems like something else going on here in the setup? As soon as I get up on plane it goes to 1.6 feet where in the past it would automatically switch to the puck and start reading depth. Any thoughts or anything else to try?
Thanks,
C