View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dr Depth Users 

Anyone here used Dr Depth? From reading, it appears that I should be able to export all of my 798 tracks and buid maps based on the results. So as the boating season continues and I shift my tracks slightly, eventually I should have enough separate scans for a fairly detailed map.
Am I missing something here?

Tue May 05, 2009 2:52 pm

I use it too. Only problem if my tracks get more than 1000 points the depth is all set to 0...weird problem that the HB guys are now looking at.
I set my trackinterval to 1 s and a min. track distance of 3 mtrs (10 feet).
Make sure you start a new track when you are on the water make sure you save it at the end of the trip (or to be sure in 1000 secs in my case every 20 minutes or so) and at the end of your trip save all navigation data to the sd card.
In HB PC import the navigation data from the sd card, it is automatically converted to .gpx format which drdepth can read.

good luck

Reso

Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 pm

reso-

I have succesfully used DR.Depth with as many as 6000+ pings per file and never had any issues with "0" for depths.

Wed May 06, 2009 2:28 pm

pings is not the issue I think, it is the nr of saved trackpoints. Anything over 1000 and the results are 0 for depth reading.
reso

Mon May 18, 2009 6:39 am

I do something similar to Drdepth program, but have been using Lowrance reading. So yesterday I ran a 'track' and save it. Then exported navigation data to SD card. Can see the gpx file in but can not get it anywhere else and can not save to Mydocuments/My_Humminbird....

What am I not doing.

Barry F

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:21 pm

I got the same problem when I saved tracks from my 981 to the SD card. Lately I noticed that most of the files I cannot download to my PC (doesn't matter to HBPC or to a directory on the computer) were files from records in which I changed the SI range.
Greg or Keith: Might this be the problem?

Harry

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:17 am

guys, a workaround is when you use Humviewer, which was released free a few weeks ago.
It loads the recordings, displays 2d and SI next to each other and you can save the complete trip in .csv format which drdepth can read.

It works like a dream, for me it is a no brainer, and I don't bother with the tracks that gave me a lot of headaches by not sending all the depth info to the HB PC.

I think the link to humviewer was posted on this forum also.

regards,

reso

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 am

Martin's HummViewer is getting better and better!
Here's the link:

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=172.0

Harry

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 am

You guys are saying tha once you have downloaded the Nav Data from the SD card into HumminbirdPC that it will not let you save it as a *.gpx file somewhere on your computer?
Make sure that you have actually downloaded the Nav Data to HumminbirdPC and that the name of the *.gpx file is selected and not the track, routes or waypoint lists.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 am
Profile WWW

If i download the data to the pc i have serveral *.gpx files on the pc.
After higlight/select the *.gpx item in Huminbird PC i can "save as" them wherever i like.

But to use them in drdepth it is not neccesary to do this.
Drdepth can import those files directly ....
After using the import Function in drdepth, drdepth makes a new File in the sourcedirectory (in this case where de originally *.gpx file was located)
This nee *.drd file could be copied in the dr.depth director or wherevever you want it.
And this file can be added in the Dr.depth database or can be uesed as it is.

Did anyone found the same Error (0 meters depth after 1000 Waypoints ?)

Acutally the highest amount of Waypoint i used in drdepth was under 400.
I will try, let the Demo Mode Running to get more than 1000 waypoints to check this.

pebe

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

I was mentioning the problem about some long tracks being saved with 0 depth output in the .gpx files with HB PC.
This won't happen if you use humviewer, there is not even a need to save or export a track, it is all in the .son files from the recording.

reso

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:11 pm

You guys are saying tha once you have downloaded the Nav Data from the SD card into HumminbirdPC that it will not let you save it as a *.gpx file somewhere on your computer?
Make sure that you have actually downloaded the Nav Data to HumminbirdPC and that the name of the *.gpx file is selected and not the track, routes or waypoint lists.

No Greg,
I tried to download some recordings from the SD card to the PC and I couldn't get it done. If I try to download them into HBPC there is a progress bar showing up for a short time, but then an error shows up.
I didn't bother to write down what the error message said.

If I remember right, these were recordings in which I changed the SI range.

I try again next time out to check.

Harry

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Sonar recordings are not able to be downloaded into HummPC. Are you meaning trackplots?

My only dealings with the error message were caused by the SD card itself. I had one SD card that just crapped out on me but the other times I had to format the card (losing the files…).

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 am
Profile WWW

you're right Greg. I mean downloading recordings to HBSI Sonar File Converter not to HBPC. But I also had problems sometimes to download data from the SD card to HBPC. This occured when I had the problems to download recordings to HBSI. Same stuff with Martin's HummViewer.

I'll take the laptop on the boat and try out different "screw ups" to provoke this problems. Then we'll see what causes them.

Harry

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 am

What is the problem with Humviewer? You don't need HBSI converter for that, just the plain .dat file and the associated folder on your SD card, it will convert automatically.
We're waiting for some pictures of those old planes lying on the bottom of your lake!

reso

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next