View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Navionics Platinum 

I installed the chip in my HB898 and it will not show contour lines less than 6FT. How do you get the Lake Pictures ,Satellite photo overlay,3-Dimensional view to work. The Lake Palestine Texas map does not show any contour lines in the bays and north end of the lake. It only says timber and distance to the dam. I only fish in Flat creek area so this is a BIG disappointment. The paper HotMAPS show the contours for all the lake areas.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:05 am

Go to the Navionics web site and make sure that your map card is supposed to have Lake Palestine data in the HD (High Definition) format. I’ve heard that they do not always go up this shallow when they do the surveys but you can confirm this with Navionics as well.

They could have used a different data source for their paper maps.

When you opened the box to your 898c Si unit there should have been an note inside stating that there will be a future software release that will allow the photos and 3D overlay to work. We are still waiting on this software update.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

I found the new software when I logged into my support thing and downloaded and installed the new software tonight.

Still trying to figure out exactly what the new software does.

I found a new tab on the main tabbed menu which was placed to the right side of the Accessories tab. This is called the Platinum Tab.

I turn on the 3 d view and such but still can't figure out how to show a 3 d view of my Patoka Lake or my KY lake maps These maps are High Defination Maps. I just found out th at the Turboveiw only works on the Lowrance, Raymarine units and not the Humminbird Units. :( Edit April 19th 2010: I got a pfd file (Plantinum/Humminbird manual) from Humminbird Greg via email. I learned that you have to use the right zoom level in the birdseye veiw before you can see the 3D maps. I did also get the aerial overlay to work. Set your transparancy to about 90% to see things better.

I am using the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum EAST 2010 chip in my 898c SI control Head.

I am also using a Sandisk 4 GB SDHC card in my control head to make snap shots and recordings on.

I have auto selected for chosing the card to use for maps.

Greg do you know how to see the 3d imagines on the Navionice Platinum chip using the humminbird 898csi?

need a tutorial on how to do this! EDIT: Greg sent me an email with an attachment that shows how to work with this chip on the humminbird units.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote="Humminbird_Greg"]Go to the Navionics web site and make sure that your map card is supposed to have Lake Palestine data in the HD (High Definition) format. I’ve heard that they do not always go up this shallow when they do the surveys but you can confirm this with Navionics as well.

They

Moose1am

Last edited by Moose1am on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 pm

I haven’t used the Platinum cards much Moose but I think that you have to go to the Bird’s Eye View to see the 3D view. I believe that there should have been a Platinum Cartography manual that came with your 898 unit. If you did not receive it just send me a direct e-mail asking for it and I'll send a pdf file of it back to you.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:28 pm
Profile WWW

I got some time to play with this new software update and the Navionic Hotmaps Platinum Chip.
In the views tab menu there is no listing for pilot veiw/chart view combination. According to the Navionics Platinum PDF manual that's suppose to be listed in the veiws menu tab list.

I did see the overlay aerial view and you can adjust the transparancy of the overlay just like in Paint Shop Pro software or Adobe Software when you lay one picture over another

I fish at Patoka Lake in IN so I setup the Humminbird 898c SI to start the demo at Patoka Lake.

Now Patoka Lake is a HD lake. I did see the overlay and tried to use the birds eye veiw along with the chart view but never did see any 3 D images at first until I changed the zoom level. Seems that the 3D view only appears in the mid level zoom range for some strange reason. When I zoomed in too far the 3d view vanished. And if I zoomed out all the way it vanished again. Perhaps I have a defective chip or something else is wrong. I don't think it works 100 % with 3D in Hummibird 898c SI unit? But IMHO the 3D view is not worth the extra 50 bucks. It was not what I expected.

Also in order to see the 3D view and contour lines on the map I had to turn the overlay to 90% transparancy. from 70% tranparancy down to 10% or less the screen is way too dark to see the map's countour lines.

I ordered a new pair of lenses for my eyeglass frames after going to the eye doctor this week and getting a new prescription. I'll get the new lenses in about a week. Hopfully that will help me see the screen better.

The one card that I got in the Navionic Box said it only worked with the Lowrance or ray marine equipment.

I do also have a Navionics CD which should allow me to view Patoka Lake in 3d on my computer. That will help me figure out what I want to know about the Patoka Lake Drops etc. I can then make some routes to fish and transfer the waypoints to my humminbird unit.

Thanks for the help.

PS: it's nice to see the marinas overlaid on the topo map.

Humminbird_Greg wrote:
I haven’t used the Platinum cards much Moose but I think that you have to go to the Bird’s Eye View to see the 3D view. I believe that there should have been a Platinum Cartography manual that came with your 898 unit. If you did not receive it just send me a direct e-mail asking for it and I'll send a pdf file of it back to you.

Moose1am

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]