View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hummingbird PC won't open file 

Has anybody had issues with Hummingbird PC software? I recently downloaded it on my laptop with Win 7 Home Premium. Everything loaded fine but…
When I click File/Open, nothing happens. I do not get the dialog box that asks where to look for any GPX files. I’ve tried un-installing and re-installing Hummingbird PC, updating Java, Updating to Win 7 service pak 1, turned off pop up blocker, still no love
I’ve been working with Hummingbird customer support but so far we have not been able to solve this issue.
Hummingbird Customer support even converted my current waypoints I have on my Garmin and sent me the GPX file. I put that GPX file on my computer and on the MMC card but Hummingbird PC still does not recognize it.
I have tried to change the preferences but it did not help. :?:
I’ll try anything at this point, give me your ideas

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 pm

I wonder if you had a bad install. I run win 7 homeprem. It works fine. Running Hum PC version 3.2.2 I would uninstall and re install.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:22 pm

I wonder if you had a bad install. I run win 7 homeprem. It works fine. Running Hum PC version 3.2.2 I would uninstall and re install.

When you download the software make sure to disable your Virus Software or firewall software until you finish the download. Sometimes these programs can interfere with software downloads and you get corrupted files instead of a workable file. Just a thought.

After the download don't forget to turn your Virus Software and Firewall back on.

Moose1am

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 pm

HBSI Converter does not allow opening fies under Win7.
Yet installing without Virus scanner etc. won't work too???
Tried everything.

Please Help?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:34 am

If your using the prolific brand name usb to serial cable and windows 7 the driver for that cable may not work right but [b]only if your using windows 7 . the prolific brand cable has no branding on it. it's transparent blue on one end and has a silver cable. The place i work for / and with ( not Humminbird at all) has done a lot of testing on this and found the only brand that realy works on windows 7 is the moxa uport 1110 series here's a link http://store.moxa.com/a/product/uport-1 ... 0090317005 but look out for sticker shock on it. but it works hope this is help

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Did you use the procedure for downloading the waypoint data from the SD card to the PC software by using the SD card symbol with arrows on the left side of the HBPC page?

Did you read the instructions in the Help tab?

Loading the files is not done by File/Open

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Using Humminbird PC V3.2.2, and it would not open a file. It would not give me the browse box when I pressed "open new file icon". Tried re instal and that did not work. I am using Windows 7 Pro. I went to programs, right clicked HumminbirdPC, pulled up the compatibability box, and found the software running as XP sp3. I changed compatability to windows 7. This solved my issues.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Grlebo wrote:
Using Humminbird PC V3.2.2, and it would not open a file. It would not give me the browse box when I pressed "open new file icon". Tried re instal and that did not work. I am using Windows 7 Pro. I went to programs, right clicked HumminbirdPC, pulled up the compatibability box, and found the software running as XP sp3. I changed compatability to windows 7. T his solved my issues.
IM RUNNING WINDOWS 7 I CANT FIND THAT COMPATABILITY BOX YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:17 am

Running Windows 7 Pro. My Humminbird PC app won't even open. I've tried reinstall multiple times and it still won't open. Love my unit but Humminbird needs to get their "software act" together.
High Tech units with Low Tech pc software. Too bad.

This was the name of the last PC software I downloaded and installed from Humminbird:

bbadd6fca32444608219c0cab81b11ad. This was downloaded from Humminbird's support site as available software. ????????

Sorry I couldn't help you.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]