View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Navionics chart won't load in 998Cx SI 

I have just purchased & installed the 998 which works great except it won't load the Navionics Gold marine chart for W Cda & Alaska. After inserting the card the screen caption reads it is loading but within a few seconds screen caption switches to "No Card". Both slots do the same thing. Any help would be appreciated!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 am
Profile WWW

Do a update to the card. Might do the trick. I had a problem kind of like what you are describing once and that was right after a update. It was bad. Re-did the update to the card on the PC and all was good.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks, appreciate that! I am new to this, do I update at Navionics? I thought I read not to insert the SD into a computer??

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

That is the biggest +++ of the Navionics chip. Being able to get updates for a year after purchase. There is litterally hundreds if not sometimes thousands of changes/updates a week. My chip goes into my PC before every single trip to get the most current data.

Yup on the Navionics website. There is some items that needs to be downloaded and you have to get all registered on their site, etc.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 am

Thanks a bunch! As I said earlier I am new to this system, I've had a Garmin for years but it's quite different for upgrading.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:03 am
Profile WWW

If you have one of the Navionics mapping cards that can be updated, make sure you lock the memory card after updating and before you install it into your Humminbird unit.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

HI Greg, I installed the 6.180 update & now everything seems to working properly except it still won't recognize the Navionics card. I've tried to get help from Navionics but so far no luck, I'm not impressed with their on-line Q & A either. Not sure what to do!

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Try testing the Navionics hard in another Humminbird unit to see if it will read it or not.
I don’t know enough about the Navionics cards to help. All I’ve ever did is install them and use them. I don’t have one that can be updated.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]