Onyx 8 SI Start Up Issues

Humminbirds newest Onix and Ion units
cpguy

Onyx 8 SI Start Up Issues

Post by cpguy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Just purchased a Onyx 8 si. Installed by boat shop. I turn on the unit and nothing, just a light blue screen. No controls or anything. Any idea what could be the issue and can I reset the unit to factory defaults or something? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks.

Wayne P.

Re: Onyx 8 SI Start Up Issues

Post by Wayne P. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Is the power cord extended directly to the battery and is the battery in good condition/fully charged?
Wayne Purdum
Charlottesville, Va.

cpguy

Post by cpguy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

Power is good, not an issue. Thanks for the input. I called Humminbird tech support and they decided to replace the unit since I only had it a couple of weeks.

cpguy

Post by cpguy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:04 am

Humminbird sent me a replacement unit, I repeat, a replacement unit not a new unit like the one I purchased from Bass Pro Store. Anyway the replacement unit is in need of repairs also. To make a long story short Humminbird wanted me to send the replacement unit back for repairs then they would send it back to me. I said no, I will not send it in until I get a working one in my hands. You know like the one I should have got when I spent $2700 for at the store. Not to count taxes and iPilot link and a Minn Kota trolling motor that could accept the iPilot link. So now I'm waiting for another onix head unit. Way to much money for these things, to have them not work on several units. Hopefully 3 times is a charm. Very disappointed.

cpguy

Post by cpguy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:19 pm

Hindsight 20/20; I returned the defective unit back to the store and they replaced it with a new one. It works! I should have done that in the first place (actual, I did. another story, another day). Sorry Humminbird. The tech support folks at Humminbird is outstanding. Unfortunately this was a comedy of errors that could have been resolved quickly. Enough blame to go around. Anyway the new unit is working, so far! Now I have to test it. Thanks!