Help from Humminbird Employees

General Discussion
Keith Councell

Help from Humminbird Employees

Post by Keith Councell » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Greg Walters, Keith Councell, Eddie Kendrick and a number of other Humminbird employees are here on the forum in an unofficial capacity to give advice and make suggestions/comments only. After following their steps or comments, if you continue to experience difficulty, please contact our Customer Service department through our toll free number or our official Customer Service email address.

If you need any items to help resolve your issues they will need to be acquired through our Customer Service Department. Do not assume that the person posting the suggestion can provide you with those items or follow up at a later date.

Our Customer Service Department can be reached at 1-800-633-1468 or cservice@johnsonoutdoors.com.

Hours of Operation:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
I can be smart here and there...

stephens867

giving there time.

Post by stephens867 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:41 pm

thanks for volunteering your time to help us. thanks john

bpcarter06

Need help with setup

Post by bpcarter06 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:26 pm

I am purchasing a 98 Stroker and want to put a bow and driver mounted unit for fishing. I would love to hear some advice on what setup tech would work best? I thinking maybe a 900 si series driver position and 700 si series in the bow.

Would this be to much SI or would it work ok 2nd option would be 700 si series in both places. Either way just wanted to hear what setup most guys are using and if there linking them and how best to set it up?
If I where to buy two units do I need to buy the Navioncs maping for both or can they share if linked.
Thanks

Brent

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am

Brent,
I think that you would get better response if you were to repost this in the General posting folder as its own topic.

Yes you would have to buy separate mapping cards to be able to see the maps on both units.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
I help because I can

satdoc1

Post by satdoc1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

HB Gregg, The new down imaging is out and I was wondering if it will have any instructions or will it be simple enough to operate with out a instruction manual?

apneisto

798ci si multillanguage

Post by apneisto » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:43 pm

HB Gregg,last april i bought 798ci si from USA and it has only english menu and feet metric system.My couestion is:is it possible some how to make it multillanguage ( greek with meters)

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:01 pm

No it is not.
I help because I can

triton186

Post by triton186 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 am

thanks guys for your hard work. i just purchased the 798 w the navionics bundle i had a local boat center install the unit. i have taken it out a few times but honestly havent played with it that much because fishing is really good right now. will proably use most when fish go deeper. have noticed my left si doesnt work as well as right side and the depth reading will go haywire especially in shallow water. they seemed to install tranducers how everyone around here recomended si transducer back right of boat and traditional sonar transducer in hull to pick up at highr speeds. motor does not appear to be in way any way you trim it any help would be appreciated.

Cyberfix

Re: Help from Humminbird Employees

Post by Cyberfix » Fri May 31, 2013 6:38 am

Can I run one unit using two GPS antenna? (by using some kind of "T" connector)
is there any problem for the unit if use it above mentioned way?
Does the GPS signal streangth will increase or decrease?
Awaiting for your kind reply.
Thanx in advance.

:D

cyberfix

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Fri May 31, 2013 10:19 am

Cyberfix,
You would probably get better response for your question if you started a new thread instead of tacking it on to the end of an existing (even old) thread.

To answer your question: I do not know of any way to run a single unit on two GPS Receivers. If you had two units that were Ethernet connected together and each had their own GPS Receiver you could choose to have either unit use their own GPS Receiver or the other unit’s but not both at the same time.
I help because I can

Dray

Post by Dray » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 am

I have a Hummingbird 200DX and the transducer is bad. It look like it has been discontinued. what can I replace it with ?

Humminbird_Greg

Post by Humminbird_Greg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Dray,
You would get faster results posting this in a separate new thread, but I’ll go ahead and answer it:

We haven’t made the 200 DX since about 2003 so it’s an oldie for sure. The 200 DX used the XT-6-20 transducer which produced a 20 degree 200kHz sonar beam. While it’s been quite a while since we made this transducer, we still make transducers that use the same 200kHz 20 degree sonar beam. However, we use a different transducer connector now so you would need to purchase a transducer and an adapter: XNT-9-20 and the AD-926 transducer adapter.
I help because I can

avani

Post by avani » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:13 am

Hi,
the task of huminbird employee is good really.
http://www.3d-architectural-rendering.com

fishinjim

Post by fishinjim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi Guys,
can you check the interference posting and get back to me I seem to have a lot of problems with these products.
Thanks Jim

fishinjim

Post by fishinjim » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm

It seems rains every time I go fishing. I'm just one of those weekend warriors who works 10 hour days and 5's on saturday, So I was out 2 weekends ago and like usual it was raining, and somehow my Helix 9 SI mounted on my dash got water in it the 9 on the bow is fine,. I pulled the card out and poured water out of it. All I get is a white screen that says hummingbird on it and I can not turn it off with the power switch. is there a reset on the unit or is it fried?